Sailors' Society is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this app, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sailors' Society may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2015.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- date of birth
- contact information including postal address, email address, telephone number, social media identity
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- your bank or credit card details where you have provided them to make payment
- If you have applied for a job or volunteer with us, information necessary to process the application. This may include (employment history, relevant experience, criminal convictions or pending court cases that you may have).
- information about your activities on our app(s) and about the device you use to access these, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- information on which links you have clicked on in our e-newsletters to ensure we are providing you with details of our events or services which we consider to be of interest to you.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the app according to your interests.
- Process your donation or gift aid
- Support your fundraising
Your rights over the personal information that we hold about you are:
- The right to access all of the information that we hold on you, free of charge
- The right to have all of your personal information erased, subject to certain exceptions.
- The right to stop receiving marketing/newsletters upon request, as soon as reasonably possible.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to Sailors' Society, Seafarer House, 74 St Annes Road, Woolston, Southampton, Hampshire, SO19 9FF or email email@example.com
Age Under 16
We do not collect personal data from children under the age of 16.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our apps may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the app, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Act 2018. Free of charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Sailors' Society, Seafarer House, 74 St Annes Road, Woolston, Southampton, Hampshire, SO19 9FF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.